7.29.2008

Earthquake!!!

A 5.7 earthquake has just shaken southern california. It feels like my mind is constantly being shaken with thoughts and things that dismantle shelves and pictures off of what I had previously been imagining....

"The Most deadly trick of Satan is not to rob us of our answers. It is to steal our questions."

Every once and a while I stumble upon words, that are simple yet somehow are etched in my mind for the day. Or the week.
Mine for this week was found in the form of a bathroom reader :)
Although the Author is known for many of his other beautifully written books, todays is called " Shaped by God." By Mr. Max Lucado.

The title of the section was called "eyes that never see, ears that never hear."

It put concepts to the words that are flowing endlessly through my mind.

Lately, (with all of the anesthesia and vicodin) I have been unable to focus. On prayer, On reading, On relationships, On emotions...
Basically, I don't know why one would choose to consistently take drugs. The feelings and haziness of life are so frustrating, I don't think I could ever do it without falling into depression.

Thank you to those of who you have cared and prayed as I cope with the loss of my wisdom :)

Anyways, as I am finally coming out of this "hazy" phase, I am being confronted with questions that I feel like I have to fight to ask. Like there is something inside of me letting me know that things are okay the way they are. But there is a much stronger sense inside of me that is troubled by knowledge.
Knowledge of things that are going on in the world AT this very moment.
Knowledge that I am in an incredibly influencial and affluent society.
Knowledge that the God of the Universe has given us the power and ability to involved in...
Doing Justice
Loving Mercy
Walking Humbly with Him.

That is all he has not only asked, but called us to do. SO - while I wait to see what this looks like for me, be encouraged to not give up on your questions! Whatever they may be... It is not up to you to create an answer, but to seek Jesus Christ - and he will reveal things to you in due time.
Ask the questions.
Don't settle for comfortable answers - and I will try to do the same :)

May we have faith as small as a mustard seed - that our questions will be answered - by the God that created everything from the Universe down to every human soul. 
May we be willing and ready to listen, accept, change, be molded, and GO as Christ leads us on.

2 more thoughts:

Cinders said...

"tag"-take what i wrote and copy and paste into your own blog, fill in your own answers and then "tag" five more folks.

tk?

Aaron M. Williams said...

Ok, first off, the degredated soil comment you left they other day absolutely made my day. I was crackin' up.

Second off, I encourage you to keep running after wisdom and knowledge with all you have. Personally, I can totally relate to the mentality of just settling for the simple answers or not seeking answers at all. It takes time and effort. When I first got back from India I was all pumped up to read all kinds of books and learn (due to Dr. Thom) but I fell flat on my face early on because I thought I could just breeze through everything and it would just be a blast all the time. Just keep seeking wisdom and knowledge, try not to overwhelm yourself (though I know a even couple words can sometimes overwhelm) and just keep seeking it