7.06.2008

At least I still have my legs

Hancock.
After thoroughly analyzing this film for 10 minutes in the ride home tonight, my fellow critics and I have reached the following conclusions.
(Don't worry I am pretty sure it doesn't give anything away about the plot to those of you who have not seen it)
So from the minds of 4 disappointed women come some remarks:

1. And the genre is...
It could not pick a genre. From comedy to drama to comedy again... our minds were left confused and unsuccessful in our attempt to categorize.
2. There seemed to be two movies... a somewhat lame first part, and then a let down of a sequel, put together in one movie.
3. Will Smith is truly a great actor, but seems to have picked two let downs for his last films since Pursuit of Happyness (which I honestly could not comment on, since I have not seen the latter two)
4. The most memorable funny moment was a one liner about McDonalds! 

I NEVER desire to be a movie critic, but this is partially an attempt to get my mind on things of utter insignificance.

Next Wednesday will mark the halfway point of Merricks journey in Kolkatta. To read an update on their team click here. Almost three weeks have gone by, and I am going by Tammy's new favorite quote: 
"No news is good news."

Interesting how in the absence of someone you can learn more about them then when they are with you. 

This has definitely been a hard week to get through for may of my friends, with the things that life has handed them. Somehow the Lord is still in control, and Good and Faithful to those who seek him!!!

And, to keep the spirits up of those who may stumble upon my humble words...
Jeff Luckey gave some words of wisdom today. No matter what happens you can always look down and say...
"At least you still have your legs!"

1 more thoughts:

Shae'Von said...

Anytime you need to think in a different direction please feel free to let me know. your critique was most excellent seeing how i saw the movie yesterday and felt the exact same way.
~Shae'von