12.16.2008

Finals: A new perspective

Tonight Rachel, Amy, Molly, Teresa and I went to the Mission Inn and walked around looking at lights while enjoying kettle corn- fresh from the kettle. On our journey we saw a man singing on the walk by the Mission Inn. His soundtrack was very similar to a certain musician I have heard. It reminded me of this video that I saw on American Idol gives back a few years ago...

I think I have been on a video track lately... so let me add another also from the same season.
I cried the first time I watched it :)

Tonight was also the late night breakfast.
I have come to the conclusion that I love finals week. No regular class, lots of fun activities, great food and excuses to splurge on the sweets.
Okay, so maybe I don't love this week.
But it's not as bad as I previously thought.
Sure there is stress and I am realizing I should not have procrastinated as much as I have. But with the year winding down, it reminds me that I really do love the opportunity I have to study here. And I really love the friends I have made.
Maybe I have a skewed perspective, but I think I am okay with that for now.
It will be very different on Thursday morning when I wake up for an 8 a.m. final, but for now I am going to bask in the afterglow of a wonderful evening

0 more thoughts: