12.31.2008

2008 and I - a very miniature reflection

Because it is the last day of 2008, I figured today was my last chance to blog for the year.
The BBC has a great collection of pictures from the year. If you click on the link, you need to click on the link on the right hand side to see what I am talking about.
It's crazy to think about how much has happened within this year. 
Personally, it is fascinating watching how my perspective and understanding of everything has changed since last January. 

My view of the world has changed - literally. Visiting London, Prague and India are memories with people that I hope to never forget. Frankly, I don't think it's possible to forget because they have shaped a part of who I am. I have a ring on my nose to remind me of India - of the reality that goes on there and the ways the eyes of my heart were opened by its people.

My appreciation of my family and friends has changed - Having Nick and Sophie in London made me understand how much I value their friendship. Their engagement is a reminder that we are growing up - and I am more than excited to be able to be a part of their lives as they get ready to start this new stage.

New Stage. It's crazy that I will be graduating in a year. That this is going to be my last spring in college. That my brother is going to be starting junior high, jojo and chris are getting married on saturday, tia and craig in july or august, jason and stephanie in june....

I don't feel that grown up at times.

Like when I sleep in until 11:30 just because I can. But I guess I am. College is insane - it's transition 24/7.

I have no idea what will happen this next year, and what changes 2009 will hold.

I am going to start a the features editor for the banner (CBU's newspaper), continue to be an RA of some incredible girls that have become friends, take classes that are more challenging than previous ones, be a part of planning sophie's wedding and continue the daily surrender to glorify God through it all. 

Thanks for being a part of my life in this past year :)

2 more thoughts:

rachel said...

oh justine.

i have nothing specific to say.
happy new year.
and see you soon.

Amy C. said...

I love living in your cottage. See you soon.