4.16.2008

If war broke out in Ghana, would we even know.

My good friend Evan Human debuted this song last night. He told me about it a while ago, over conversations of Jesus, life and the violence in Kenya. Needless to say, my heart is continually burdened more and more for the people in Kenya. The question he asked in the song was... would we even know? The facts are... we don't. 
There may not be war in Ghana, but there is tragedy in the Democratic Republic of Congo, and a multi-faceted war in Georgia (not the United States one.) There has been a huge ordeal in trying to make peace in Uganda (yes, it is the same war that Invisible Children is active in.) Do we know these things?
www.bbc.com has become a dear friend this past year. As Christians, we need to not only be informed but be actively in prayer for our brothers and sisters around the world... along with the lost. I am only beginning to learn what this looks like in reality rather than theory.

The title of this is "a steady surge of questions" so here are my questions of the day (mixed with random thoughts...)

1. I have been reading about the recent rising death toll in Iraq. War is brutal and harsh. What are we to do as Christ followers. How are we to respond?

2. There is an organization I have just learned about called Kids with Destiny.
Read about it...

3. I leave for South Asia in 20 days. My how time flies! Here is a picture of my incredible team. Please be in prayer for us... Specifically regarding finances and spiritual warfare. 


4. Yet another article has surfaced about working conditions: this time in Jordan.

5. If anyone is curious about another site that keeps companies accountable, go to corpwatch.

6. This is where my next question comes in... What on earth are we to do in response to this? Do we stop buying clothes from all companies unless we are sure where they came from? Do we ignorantly not pay attention to these things, and feel like we can't make a difference, so why try? Do we care? How do we act as good stewards of the things that the Lord has blessed us with in this situation? 

7. And the last question before chapel today... I am done with school on April 29th :) Anyone want to help me move out?



0 more thoughts: