6.11.2009

Rainbows and Rambles

As part of the internship today, my fellow volunteers and I ventured to the great unknown of South Orange County, on a quest to educate and inform clinics and urgent care centers of the plight of human trafficking victims. 

After several long hours of driving and talking, frustration and laughter, we ended our days journey in San Clemente - the tip of the County. 

Just as we turned around to come home, we spotted something out of the corner of our eyes. 

It was the elusive Rainbow Outlet -- a bit smaller than I had imagined. 

10 minutes and $15 later, I had a brand new pair of mens rainbows (not a big fan of the womens style)

You see, my last pair of rainbows were last seen in a hotel in Nairobi, Kenya. It would be cool to have a GPS on them to see where they are now.

Too bad I didn't think of that before.

While talking in the car I made an observation about ... well... talking.

Towards the end of a great conversation about religion and our different perspectives on life, I realized more than ever that it is too easy to focus on the message we want to convey in a conversation, rather than intently listening and trying to understand what is being said. Thus, utterly ruining any attempt for successful communication. 

I wonder what went through Jesus' head as he communicated with those around him. I mean... he already knew what was in their hearts. Crazy to think about.

0 more thoughts: