2.05.2008

On becoming an adult.

I am officialy a slacker. I have no time in my day to make it to Whittier to vote in the Primary's. The thing that has been on the top of my conversation and mind for the past two months... and I am not going to be voting. Why, you ask?
Several reasons, which some would call excuses, and I would agree with.

  1. "Absentee Ballot" had a negative connotation in my mind (with no factual basis.) Now I understand, and will be filling out the form for the official election this November
  2. It did not hit me that "Super Tuesday" was actually on a Tuesday (my busiest day of the week, when I do not get out of class until 9, and only have abreak from 5-6) thus... not enough time to take the 60 or the 91 to my hometown of LA county.

Is it terrible that I am still not convinced that there is one candidate I am willing to support?
Or that I even have a party to identify with? Perhaps I should just pick one and stick with it... and be confident. Alas the endless struggle to find my own political identity.

In other news

Lent is rapidly approaching (It actually begins tomorrow!) Today should be "Fat Tuesday". I have not chosen to participate in that particular tradition. Since when did it become a tradition anyways? World Vision has created a 40 days of justice journey for those who wish to participate.

I have been reading "The Good News about Injustice" By Gary Haugen. More to come on that later... Reading sounds more attractive than blogging at the moment, my thoughts will have to be put on hold.

1 more thoughts:

jacob_maag said...

dear justine,
i like your blongs. they make for nice reading. and your lists are fun.
and i meant to says blogs up there.
love,
jake