3.08.2009

We are women

Today is International Women's Day.
There are events going on in 64 countries around the world! Unfortunately, I haven't found any near-by that have not already occurred - way to go Justine, and be late on the discovery.
But I know now, so as we Spring Forward today - let's remember the ladies of the world in prayer and in thought!!! Here are just a few of the amazing women I have had a chance to meet in life:
Kathy Ham (center) in Kenya, and her amazing daughters Karisa and Kelcey
Kim Van Geloof - and her daughters, Sophie and Allie
Jaya (in the center) in South Asia - and my teammates around (who are also wonderful women !!!)
And of course my family. My mom, to the left of me, my aunt to the right. My grandmothers in front of me. They have believed and poured so much of themselves into me.
My doctor, Anne Ford, and Mary Jo - this picture was taken during the medical part of our Kenya trip. 

There are so many more - but as you read this, remember to lift up in prayer the women of the world that do not have the same dignity that we are privileged to have in the United States.
Particularly:
women in afghanistan and saudi arabia

0 more thoughts: